Thursday, July 29, 2010

Research Action Plan

Goal: To determine what improves teacher morale at the school and how this effects others in the school and their motivation and willingness to go above and beyond.

Action Step(s)

Person(s) Responsible

Timeline: Start/End

Needed Resources

Evaluation

Discuss topic of interest with the principal and get her approval.

Annabell Villarreal

July – August 2010

None

None needed

Put a committee together that will work with this area of need.

Annabell Villarreal

August 20th – August 27th, 2010

None

None Needed

Meet with the committee to talk about the needs of our school and teachers.

Annabell Villarreal, Principal, Committee members

September 3, 2010

OHI Results

None Needed

Find different articles on morale and its effects on the work environment.

Annabell Villarreal, Principal, Committee members

September 7th – September 22nd, 2010

Internet and Professional Magazines

None Needed

Research which types of motivators boost moral and why.

Annabell Villarreal, Principal, Committee members

September 7th – September 22nd, 2010

Internet and Professional Magazines

None Needed

Survey teachers on what they feel the school is lacking in order to improve moral.

Annabell Villarreal

September 22nd – September 29th, 2010

Survey Monkey

Data Collected through Survey

Committee meets to Study the School’s Organizational Health Inventory and Survey and make plans on how we can start improving teacher morale.

Annabell Villarreal, Principal, Committee members

October 4, 2010

Survey Results, OHI Data, and articles found

Data Collected by all members of the committee

Implement Motivators and morale boosters at the school level.

Annabell Villarreal, Principal, Committee members

October 18, 2010 - April 22, 2011

Resources found from articles and committee suggestions based on survey results

Teachers are more productive, show genuine feelings of happiness, work harder, and less complaints

Survey teachers on if the motivators and morale boosters made a difference.

Annabell Villarreal

April 25th - 28th, 2010

Survey Monkey

Data Collected through Survey

Committee reviews current Organizational Health Inventory and surveys to determine if scores have improved and to determine teacher satisfaction with the current year.

Annabell Villarreal, Principal, Committee members

May 9, 2010

Survey Results, OHI Data, and articles found, teacher retention rates for the last 4 years

Data Collected by all members of the committee and teacher retention rates have improved

8 comments:

  1. Holy Toledo! This is awesome! This looks like you have everything thought out and well planned. I'd love to see the results of your research! Sorry, but I have no suggestions other than for "Needed Resources", you could include personnel you will need to contact/coordinate in order to gather all data that you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri, I will use that for my week 4 revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annabell,
    Please send me directions to post my plan on my blog like you did! Mine is 4 pages long and I used the Snippet tool...and it doesn't look good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annabell, I like your use of Survey Monkey. Everything looks good. Your process is broken down into manageable chunks. Is there some way to evaluate and tweak, if necessary, midway between October and April? Also, the term is morale, with an e at the end, to describe feelings. Moral is the lesson learned, as in a story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annabell, I can tell that much thought went into the planning of this action research. This topic is one that I find to be of great interest. It is sometimes hard for teachers to remain motivated when it seems as if everything is crumbling around you. I like that you referenced that there are articles on ways to boost motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Laura, I caught it when I was reading it before I submitted the assignment. I thought I had made the changes here, but I guess I did not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annabell,
    I'm like Holly, could you please send me directions for putting my action reasearch on the blog page? Your help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martini, what I did was copied my word document into a blank power point slide. When I did this the table pasted with a blue box around it. I left as is, just adjusted the font size because it shrunk. Then I clicked and copied the entire box. I opened a new post window and copied it into the post box and the entire document came out large. Hope this helps. I do not know your email, so I could not email it to you.

    ReplyDelete